Christmas come early: Romantic weekend away and road trip to the Izu Peninsula


One of the most well-known symbols of Japan, popped out from behind the mountains as we headed down south to the Izu Peninsula, a popular part of Japan for nice beaches and quality onsens (hot springs). As I was going home to Australia for Christmas, we planned a nice weekend road trip away complete with a night in a fancy hotel by the water and our very own onsen! Our package also included a seafood extravaganza feast for dinner!


First stop along the way was a waterfall where they actually grow a lot of wasabi as well. I had to try the wasabi ice cream!

Our early Christmas celebration: views from our room, private onsen, seafood feast (yes, slowly I am starting to eat some, though I did cheat and cook some of the stuff that was to be eaten raw)

No comments:

Post a Comment